30 one-sentence/two-sentences horror stories
NaNoWriMo writing project is going on and probably you are writing a novel to take part in the project. You would be searching for an idea or a twist in the story.
Here, I have collected many of the interesting short horror stories, so that you would not have to go anywhere to find more one or two sentence horror stories.
- “The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door…” (“Knock“, is the shortest horror story ever written by Fredric Brown.)
- I just saw my reflection blink. (marino1310/reddit – It can be considered as the shortest horror story)
- When I close my eyes I see someone else’s eyes staring at me. (readbadcommentstopickargumentsforfun)
- You finish cleaning the soap out of your eyes, that’s when you hear a whisper telling you not to turn around. (Aristedes Arche/Two Sentence Stories)
- While lying in bed trying to go to sleep, I heard my dog scratching my bedroom door. As I got up to let her in, I found her sleeping at the side of the bed. (Tyler/Two Sentence Stories)
- Just as I was finished washing the dishes my daughter pulled on my yellow dress and beckoned me to follow her to her room. She still held tightly as I walked into the empty room, remembering that my daughter had died two weeks ago. (Jazmine Binger/Two Sentence Stories)
- As I was lying in bed, my arm dropped off the side and I felt my dog lick my hand. Then I remembered: I don’t have a dog.
- He sat alone in the dark, afraid. Someone put matches in his hand. (twosummers/imgur)
- My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but she doesn’t.
- You can hear them in the silence. But when you listen they notice.
- “I stayed at this motel, and there was this creepy picture on the wall staring at me. The next morning I realized it was a window.”
- She doesn’t exist under your chair, to your left, to your right, or behind you. But don’t look – she doesn’t like that.
- I saw my daughter outlined by the light in my door frame. Then I heard her whisper in my ear “Who is that girl at the door Daddy?”
- Two girls. One cup. (Conundrum68/imgur)
- I awoke from my slumber to the noise of my laughing child in the next room. My wife grabs my arm,” We don’t have a child.” (Cadaverific/imgur)
- “Mommy, can we cover up the creepy clown statue in the corner?” “Honey, I never put a creepy clown statue in the corner…” (Redbird5241/imgur)
- My sister says that mommy killed her. Mommy says that I don’t have a sister. (i-am-the-assbutt/reddit)
- I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.” (justAnotherMuffledVo/reddit)
- My grandmother told me that it was a gift to see the angel of death in front of people’s houses, to know that he’d be collecting someone there soon. I thought it was a gift too, up until the day I began to see it in front of every house. (resurrection_man/reddit)
- The doctors told the amputee he might experience a phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moments though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand. (Gagege/reddit)
- I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I though it was the window until I heard it come from the mirror again. (therealhatman/reddit)
- There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone. (guztaluz/reddit)
- The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open. (jmperson/reddit)
- She wondered why she was casting two shadows. Afterall, there was only a single lightbulb. (pgan91/reddit)
- She asked why I was breathing so heavily. I wasn’t. (Calamitosity/reddit)
- Take a big clean clear mirror and stand perfectly still for a couple minutes while staring directly into your eyes. After a while you’ll think that the person looking back might be someone else. It’ll make you question some shit. (jshanthonymayne/reddit)
- And here is the link, if you want to be scared more: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31
Funny Short Horror stories
- I turned on my computer one morning and screamed and fell to my knees from the horror I was faced with. “Unable to connect to the Internet.”
- I was all alone at my house. I turned on Two and a half Men, but the channel wouldn’t change.
- Most laugh tracks were recorded in the early 70’s, and most of those people are dead now. That means the dead are laughing at us.
- Dude. Where did the spider go?
“Thumbs up”, you have gone through the page. Let’s share these stories with others.
Two Sentence Stories (http://www.twosentencestories.com/?tag=horror)