- Cell lines obtained from tumors are most commonly utilized in cancer research.
- In the research of cancer two online projects can help you. These are The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) and The Broad-Novartis Cancer Cell Line Encyclopedia (CCLE).
- One of the most extensively studied ovarian cancers is high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) that accounts for two-thirds of all ovarian cancer deaths.
- Most commonly used cell line models for ovarian cancer are SK-OV-3, A2780, OVCAR-3, CAOV3 and IGROV1. This histopathological origin needs further research.
- No cell line has been considered optimal for tumor study; so finding an optimal model can become a separate research.
Silvia Domcke, Rileen Sinha, Douglas A. Levine, Chris Sander & Nikolaus Schultz (2013). Evaluating cell lines as tumour models by comparison of genomic profiles Nature Communications DOI: 10.1038/ncomms3126