“When Breath Becomes Air” by Paul Kalanithi is among the bestsellers in the U.S. Kalanithi was an Indian American and was the son of a doctor. He had almost completed his decade of training as a neurosurgeon. This was really a hard profession to do as doctors in this profession see the life, the death, and the worsening of life of patients, and all this lies in few millimeters of cutting. For example, few millimeters of wrong incisions by surgeons could result in huge problems in the life of patients. Kalanithi was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic lung cancer and died at the age of 37 years. Read More …
11th edition of a pharmacy and medical ebook, “Multiple Choice Questions for Pharmacists” has been published on Amazon Kindle. This ebook is helpful not only for pharmacists but also for people from other medical professions. Read More …
Michael Unks is a pharmacist and writer, who has a goal of positively changing the lives of people. He wanted to motivate many people to live a good and happy life, and writing could help him in reaching more people. Read More …
A little eBook of mine “Beneficial Viruses – When Villains become Heroes” has been published on Amazon Kindle…
It has been written in a way that is fictional and non-fictional at the same time. It has 26 pages, so it would not take much of your time, but it will surely give you a huge amount of information.
You can check the book here:
For further information contact me:
Usman Zafar Paracha
StumbleUpon is a kind of discovery engine that can help in finding and recommending contents to its users on the basis of their likeness for certain interests. It is a social bookmarking site and users can save links to interesting articles for later use or reference. Its technology is very interesting as it is using a toolbar to take its users to other interesting sites. It has changed its icon but it is still StumbleUpon. Read More …
Top Five Journals according to Google Scholar are
2. The New England Journal of Medicine
4. The Lancet
This list is based on “h5-index” – “h5-index is the h-index for articles published in the last 5 complete years. It is the largest number h such that h articles published in 2008-2012 have at least h citations each,” according to Google. Read More …
Error code “404”, “fail” and “Hashtag” are among the top words in the year 2013, according to a research from The Global Language Monitor (GLM). I wish, “success” would be the top word during all the coming years. Read More …
NaNoWriMo writing project is going on and probably you are writing a novel to take part in the project. You would be searching for an idea or a twist in the story.
Here, I have collected many of the interesting short horror stories, so that you would not have to go anywhere to find more one or two sentence horror stories.
- “The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door…” (“Knock“, is the shortest horror story ever written by Fredric Brown.)
- I just saw my reflection blink. (marino1310/reddit – It can be considered as the shortest horror story)
- When I close my eyes I see someone else’s eyes staring at me. (readbadcommentstopickargumentsforfun)
- You finish cleaning the soap out of your eyes, that’s when you hear a whisper telling you not to turn around. (Aristedes Arche/Two Sentence Stories)
- While lying in bed trying to go to sleep, I heard my dog scratching my bedroom door. As I got up to let her in, I found her sleeping at the side of the bed. (Tyler/Two Sentence Stories)
- Just as I was finished washing the dishes my daughter pulled on my yellow dress and beckoned me to follow her to her room. She still held tightly as I walked into the empty room, remembering that my daughter had died two weeks ago. (Jazmine Binger/Two Sentence Stories)
- As I was lying in bed, my arm dropped off the side and I felt my dog lick my hand. Then I remembered: I don’t have a dog.
- He sat alone in the dark, afraid. Someone put matches in his hand. (twosummers/imgur)
- My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but she doesn’t.
- You can hear them in the silence. But when you listen they notice.
- “I stayed at this motel, and there was this creepy picture on the wall staring at me. The next morning I realized it was a window.”
- She doesn’t exist under your chair, to your left, to your right, or behind you. But don’t look – she doesn’t like that.
- I saw my daughter outlined by the light in my door frame. Then I heard her whisper in my ear “Who is that girl at the door Daddy?”
- Two girls. One cup. (Conundrum68/imgur)
- I awoke from my slumber to the noise of my laughing child in the next room. My wife grabs my arm,” We don’t have a child.” (Cadaverific/imgur)
- “Mommy, can we cover up the creepy clown statue in the corner?” “Honey, I never put a creepy clown statue in the corner…” (Redbird5241/imgur)
- My sister says that mommy killed her. Mommy says that I don’t have a sister. (i-am-the-assbutt/reddit)
- I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.” (justAnotherMuffledVo/reddit)
- My grandmother told me that it was a gift to see the angel of death in front of people’s houses, to know that he’d be collecting someone there soon. I thought it was a gift too, up until the day I began to see it in front of every house. (resurrection_man/reddit)
- The doctors told the amputee he might experience a phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moments though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand. (Gagege/reddit)
- I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I though it was the window until I heard it come from the mirror again. (therealhatman/reddit)
- There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone. (guztaluz/reddit)
- The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open. (jmperson/reddit)
- She wondered why she was casting two shadows. Afterall, there was only a single lightbulb. (pgan91/reddit)
- She asked why I was breathing so heavily. I wasn’t. (Calamitosity/reddit)
- Take a big clean clear mirror and stand perfectly still for a couple minutes while staring directly into your eyes. After a while you’ll think that the person looking back might be someone else. It’ll make you question some shit. (jshanthonymayne/reddit)
- And here is the link, if you want to be scared more: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31
Funny Short Horror stories
- I turned on my computer one morning and screamed and fell to my knees from the horror I was faced with. “Unable to connect to the Internet.”
- I was all alone at my house. I turned on Two and a half Men, but the channel wouldn’t change.
- Most laugh tracks were recorded in the early 70’s, and most of those people are dead now. That means the dead are laughing at us.
- Dude. Where did the spider go?
“Thumbs up”, you have gone through the page. Let’s share these stories with others.
Two Sentence Stories (http://www.twosentencestories.com/?tag=horror)