- He got severe deformities and called as “Elephant Man” out of human curiosity.
- He born normal with no signs of disorder in the first years of life but then at the age of five his skin appeared thick and lumpy, he developed an enlargement of lips, and a bony lump grew on his forehead. He was unable to talk due to facial deformities in the later stages.
- One of his arms and both feet became enlarged and at some point during his childhood he fell and damaged his hip, resulting in permanent lameness.
- When he was 11, his mother died and his father soon remarried.
- He left school at 13, and had difficulty finding employment.
- Rejected by his father and stepmother, he left home. He was almost homeless. In late 1879, aged 17, Merrick entered the Leicester Union Workhouse.
- He was unable to sleep like other people. He always slept sitting up, with his legs drawn up and his head resting on his knees. His enlarged head was too heavy to allow him to sleep lying down and, as Merrick put it, he would risk “waking with a broken neck”. Read more…
I am at my best with ALLAH…
Check yourself constantly to be protected from lying…
Ya ALLAH , beautify my life and my end with Your Happiness. Ameen.
Top Posts & Pages