List of genetic and protein biomarkers for prostate cancer research
Prostate refers to the O-shaped gland in males that surrounds the urethra below the bladder, secreting a fluid into the semen that acts to improve the movement and viability of sperm. Prostate cancer is related to this organ.
Biomarkers for prostate cancer:
Here, I have shortly presented the list of 25 biomarkers for the diagnosis and prognosis of prostate cancer. To study in detail, you can go to the paper mentioned in the reference.
List of known genetic biomarkers for the diagnosis and prognosis of prostate cancer
- B7-H3 (CD276)
- LAT1 (CD98)
- TMPRSS2-ERG gene fusion
- PCa 7 gene panel; CTAM, CXCR3, FCRL3, KIAA1143, KLF12, TMEM204, SAMSN1
List of known protein biomarkers for the diagnosis and prognosis of prostate cancer
- Alpha-methylacyl-CoA Racemase (AMACR)
- Endoglin (CD105)
- Engrailed 2; (EN-2)
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)
- Interleukin-6 (IL-6)
- S100 Protein Family
- Annexin A3 (ANXA3)
- TGF-Beta 1
- Human Kallikrein-2 (KLK2)
- Betamicroseminoprotein (MSMB)
You can start your research on prostate cancer from these biomarkers, i.e.
1. You can study their discovery,
2. Their advantages or disadvantages,
3. Whether they are increased or decreased in prostate cancer,
4. Whether they are also present in other forms of cancer or not,
5. Whether they increase in prostate cancer and their increase is related to some other condition, and vice versa.
Vicki M. Velonas et al. (2013). Current Status of Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer International Journal of Molecular Sciences DOI: 10.3390/ijms140611034