Diabetes is a medical disorder in which excessive urine is produced especially diabetes mellitus.
Following list of plants of Mexico are found helpful in the treatment of Diabetes:
1. Cecropia obtusifolia Bertol. (Cecropiaceae). It is commonly known as Snakewood tree or trumpet tree.
2. Equisetum myriochaetum Schlecht & Cham (Equisetaceae). It is also known as Mexican Giant Horsetail.
3. Acosmium panamense (Benth.) Yacolev (Fabaceae)
4. Cucurbita ficifolia Bouch´e (Cucurbitaceae). It is also known as Asian Pumpkin or Pie melon.
5. Agarista mexicana (Hemsl.) Judd (Ericaeae)
6. Brickellia veronicaefolia (Kunth) A. Gray(Asteraceae)
7. Parmentiera aculeata (Kunth) Seem.(Bignoniaceae)
8. Acrocomia mexicana. It is also known as Grugru palm or Macaw palm.
9. Allium cepa L. It is also known as Onion.
10. Aloe vera (L.) Burm. F.
11. Arachis hypogaea L. It is also known as Earthnuts or ground nuts.
12. Carica papaya L. It is also known as Papaw.
Reference and Further Reading:
Cetto, A. A. et al., (2005), Mexican plants with hypoglycaemic effect used inthe treatment of diabetes. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 99, 325-348.